Wednesday, 5 October 2016

The painting begins

As I said in my last post painting a ready built model can be a daunting task but if you take your time and use some good quality brushes it is possible to do a good job.

I began by painting all the little mouldings around the windows first using a stone effect paint. I did the same with the moulding which runs above the first floor windows.

I then painted the top area in cream emulsion to represent a stucco effect.
Next came the windows....

All looking good so far. I needed to be careful and tried to avoid getting paint on areas where I didn't want it to be! It was very time consuming but worth the effort to get a neat finish.

Applying the maroon colour was tricky.

especially when painting the eaves! I needed a steady hand - no coffee!

The doors were no problem as I could take them off!

Outside painting completed

No comments:

Post a Comment