Saturday 26 November 2016

Some more serious building - The Brick Work!

I knew from the start that there was going to be alot of brickwork on this building and I knew that it was going to be fiddly in parts! As the house was already built when I bought it, with all the details stuck on, there was no way it was going to be easy so my choice of Versi Slip bricks was the best way to go and the best choice for it. These little brick slips are easy to cut and apply so working around all the added features would be manageable....so after laying the pathway with fibreglass sheet I started the little brick wall and pillars.


The curve on the wall was a bit of a challenge but I'm pleased with how it's turned out.


The pillars were quite fiddly.....


So that is one part completed


Moving around the corner....


This part was very hard....


It's a good job I have small hands!


Getting there!


I had to use tweezers in places!


Done!


I had a little 'helper', Mia our cat, overseeing the work....


Mia sat with me most days keeping me company and now it is finished










No comments:

Post a Comment